These plant based crab cakes are made with simple ingredients, and they’re simply delicious. Each bite delivers a crispy, flaky break thru of flavor.
Heart of palm and artichoke play the role of the crab in this recipe, so keep that in mind when you are dicing them. If you like a chunkier crab cake then dice large chunks, if you want a smoother crab cake then dice small chunks and mash a few with fork.
Chickpea flour and bread crumbs work as the binding agents. Bread crumbs can be either regular or panko, but panko creates a crispier result. If you don’t have either, crumbled up crackers work great too.
Vegan mayonnaise, lemon juice, vegan worcestershire sauce, salt, cajun seasoning, and parsley are all the ingredients necessary for flavoring the vegan crab cakes.
The spicy remoulade sauce is made with ketchup, dijon mustard, lemon, acv, hot sauce, and creole seasoning. If you don’t have creole seasoning you can make your own by mixing salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, thyme, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, and basil. If you don’t want your sauce to be spicy then omit the hot sauce.
Thank you for reading my recipe, if you decide to try it out tag me on instagram @breakthrukitchen. Be sure to subscribe down below to get notified when I post more recipes like this!
Vegan Cajun Crab Cake With Spicy Remoulade Sauce
These plant based crab cakes are made with simple ingredients, and they're simply delicious. Each bite delivers a crispy, flaky break thru of flavor.
Crab Cake Ingredients
– 1 can heart of palm
– ½ cup chickpea flour
– 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
– ½ lemon juice
– ½ teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
– ½ cup bread crumbs
– 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
– ½ cup of parsley
– ¼ teaspoon salt
Spicy Remoulade Sauce Ingredients
– 1 teaspoon ketchup
– 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
– ½ lemon juice
– ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
– 1 teaspoon hot sauce
– 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
Crab Cake Directions
2. Add to a bowl with the rest of the ingredients listed and mix until well combined.
3. Create desired shape and size for your crab cakes and place them on an aluminum lined pan.
4. Cover the pan and place in the freezer for 30 minutes so the crab cakes will hold their shape better when frying.
5. After 30 minutes, remove from freezer and dip each crab cake into flour and then into a pan of oil set at low to medium heat.
6. Cook until the crab cakes become golden brown on each side.
7. Remove from the pan and place on paper towel to soak up excess oil and allow to cool.
8. Once cooled, serve with remoulade sauce.
Spicy Remoulade Sauce Directions
2. Cover and put in fridge before use.
3. Once chilled, serve with crab cakes.