Mac and cheese was everyone’s childhood favorite. But the type I personally grew up eating was the kind with the powdered cheese… I wonder what exactly is in powdered cheese… Well I’m just glad those days are behind me now!
Alternatively, I would eat the mac and cheese made with 100% diary products like butter, milk, and cheese. And we all know that dairy products are the top source of saturated fats in an american diet, it’s not meant for our species to consume, and I mean have you seen the dairy industry? No thanks. Luckily, these dark days are also behind me.
Nowadays, I eat the type of mac and cheese made with vegetables. This mac and cheese is made with a roasted butternut squash and is so so creamy! It’s so simple to make; all you need is a butternut squash, some basic pantry items, some spices, and noodles!
Thank you for reading my recipe, if you decide to try it out tag me on instagram @breakthrukitchen. Be sure to subscribe down below to get notified when I post more recipes like this!
Vegan Butternut Squash Mac And Cheese
Classic, creamy mac and cheese packed with nutrients and minerals.
- 2 cups roasted butternut squash
- 2/3 cups plant based milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup vegan cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Wash, peel, and dice the butternut squash. Coat in oil, salt, and pepper and roast for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes, remove squash from oven and transfer to blender. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Add sauce to your favorite noodles or store in fridge for up to 4 days.