Brussel sprouts is one of those vegetables that a lot of people despise. I know this because I once was one of those people, until I gave brussels a true chance. In this recipe I show you a very different way to enjoy your brussel sprouts, with the unique addition of apples.
I know what you’re thinking, brussel sprouts and apples? No thanks. But this combo works surprisingly well together when glazed with sage and honey. I topped mine with parmesan because it adds a nice flavor profile and balances everything out.
Thank you for reading my recipe, if you decide to try it out tag me on instagram @breakthrukitchen. Be sure to subscribe down below to get notified when I post more recipes like this!
Sage Honey Glazed Brussel Sprouts & Apples
This combo may sound strange, but creates great flavors. Perfect as a side dish!
- 10-12 brussel sprouts
- 2 small red apples
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2-4 sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- parmesan optional
- Melt butter over low to medium heat.
- Add apples and cook for a few minutes.
- Add brussel sprouts and cook for a few minutes.
- Add sage and honey and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until desired crispiness is achieved. Serve with parmesan.