Waffles are my favorite breakfast in the morning. They are so versatile and can be made in so many different ways. For this recipe I made strawberry waffles by pureeing one cup of strawberries and including them into the waffle mixture. By using this technique you can flavor your waffles with anything you want, and even make them healthier! Imagine pumpkin waffles, apple cider waffles, or banana waffles… the possibilities are endless.
The warm strawberry syrup adds extra goodness! My favorite way to cook these waffles is just long enough for the outside to be crispy but the inside be soft, and then pour the strawberry syrup while hot right before serving. If you love strawberries and waffles, then you should definitely try this recipe out.
Thank you for reading my recipe, if you decide to try it out tag me on instagram @breakthrukitchen. Be sure to subscribe down below to get notified when I post more recipes like this!
– 1/4 cup plant based milk
– 4 tbsp sugar
– 1 cup strawberries, blended
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1 tbsp flax seed + 2 tbsp warm water
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup strawberries
– 1/4 cup water
– 2 tbsp sugar
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in one bowl.
- Combine sugar, blended strawberries, flax seed egg, and vanilla extract in seperate bowl.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour mixture onto waffle maker and cook until edges are crispy.
- Serve with strawberry syrup. [recipe-directions title=“Strawberry Syrup”
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot and cook on low to medium heat until mixture becomes a syrup, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with strawberry waffles.