Quesadillas are one of my favorite things to make when I need to cook something quick and delicious! This recipe makes a pretty basic quesadilla that tastes so much better than any basic quesadilla.
What makes this quesadilla stand out is the homemade chorizo filling! It’s made out of seitan, mushrooms, and walnuts and so many other spices to bring the chorizo to life.
And like I say all the time, a homemade tortilla brings things to a whole nother level. I made flour tortillas because I was too lazy to buy a pack, and truthfully they’re so easy to make it bothers me to buy it😂 And homemade versions are so easy and taste soooo much better!
Thank you for reading my recipe, if you decide to try it out tag me on instagram @breakthrukitchen. Be sure to subscribe down below to get notified when I post more recipes like this!
Vegan Quesadilla With Homemade Flour Tortillas
- 2 servings vegan chorizo
- 1 cup cheese
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp warm water
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt and mix well. Add oil and water and mix until just well combined and let rest in bowl with damp towel for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, slice your dough into four and use a rolling pin to roll each piece of dough out into a thin circle.
- Heat each tortilla until golden brown on a pan at low to medium heat.
- Once both sides are cooked, cover one half of the circle with cheese, then chorizo, and then more cheese. Fold.
- Cook on both sides until crispy and the cheese is melted. Serve.