Chicken francese is truly a classic dish. I’ve had it countless times at restaurants and it’s always a little different, but nothing will ever beat my dads chicken francese.
I remember he came to visit one year when I was in high school, and we were out shopping and running errands all morning and we were starving. We needed to eat something and we needed to eat something fast! My dad prepared chicken francese in the quickest 45 minutes ever, and it was truly delicious. No other chicken francese has ever compared, no lie. And this man made it like it was nothing, and I will literally never forget preparing and eating that meal with him. I love the way cooking and eating a good meal can create beautiful memories.
What I love most about this recipe is that its made up of just a few fairly basic ingredients. This recipe is not over complicated in any way shape or form. I love that about Italian cuisine, recipes are made for you to taste the flavors, freshness, and quality of the ingredients you’re cooking with. Let the ingredients speak for themselves, don’t hide them with a million different things. There is no need to over-complicate things, in my opinion at least.
Thank you for reading my recipe, if you decide to try it out tag me on instagram @breakthrukitchen. Be sure to subscribe down below to get notified when I post more recipes like this!
Easy, Creamy Chicken Francese
This recipe is made for you to taste the flavors, freshness, and quality of the ingredients you're cooking with.
- 1 chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup white cooking wine
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup broth
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 handful parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Take your cleaned chicken breast and cut into thin cutlets, using a meat tenderizer get even, thin strips.
- Combine 3/4 cup flour, salt, and pepper and coat chicken in mixture.
- Combine eggs, salt, and pepper and coat floured chicken in mixture.
- Place chicken onto a pan with olive oil over low to medium heat and cook until chicken is golden brown on both sides.
- Once chicken is golden brown, remove from pan and add butter and 1/4 cup flour. Mix until flour is cooked, then add white cooking wine and mix.
- Once the sauce is thickening slowly add chicken broth, mixing frequently.
- Once the sauce is thickening, add chicken, lemon zest and juice, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover, lower heat, and allow to cook for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- After 20 minutes, serve!