Tomato sauce is one of those things, like most things, that’s just so much better homemade.
Now, this is by no means an authentic recipe. But, it is simple, quick, and delicious, so you can enjoy a nice plate of pasta even on a busy day. 1 can of tomatoes, a couple cloves of garlic, some basil leaves, and some salt and you’re good to go for a fast, satisfying meal.
Try to use canned plum tomatoes, but if you can’t find them go ahead and use tomato puree and a couple fresh tomatoes. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time since it’ll take a little longer for the tomatoes to dissolve and the sauce to develop.
One of my favorite things to do to this recipe is add some red pepper flakes for some heat. And of course, I always top with parmesan or pecorino romano. It’s simply mandatory.
Quick And Simple Tomato Sauce With Basil
Tomato sauce is one of those things, like most things, that's just so much better homemade.
- 1 large can plum tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 handful basil
- salt, to taste
- In a large pan, pour can of plum tomato. Refill can with 1 cup water and add to pan.
- Add garlic and bring to a boil, then cover with lid and cook on low to medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and use a food mill to crush the large pieces of tomato that didn’t dissolve.
- Cook on low heat for 5 minutes and add basil and salt to taste. Serve with pasta and enjoy!
Thank you for reading my recipe, if you decide to try it out tag me on instagram @breakthrukitchen. Be sure to subscribe down below to get notified when I post more recipes like this!