Okay, so we always talk about health tips for weight loss, weight gain, etc… but what about health tips for when your menstruating? So, this article is for all us women who menstruate! I honestly had no idea how MUCH making a few simple lifestyle changes can make your load not only lighter, but lessen your period cramps too. So, let’s get into it:
- Plan one meal a day to be a MASSIVE salad. In mine I include mixed leafy greens, tuna, tomatoes, carrots, avocado or a healthy source of fat. And what truly helped my gut is drizzling it with a homemade dressing made from lemon juice and apple cider vinegar. This has helped my skin, bloating, and really everything.
- Drink your damn water. Since I started drinking warm water with every meal and heaps in between! My cramps are practically gone.
- Vitamin C. I actually started making ‘juice’ with a third of a grapefruit, half an orange, one kiwi fruit and half a lemon all in a food processor or blender with some ice and water and this has helped my energy levels, fought off a cold, protected me from all my sick friends, and helped with my period.
- NO PROCESSED SUGAR THE DAYS LEADING UP TO YOUR PERIOD! I see you with your mars bar! put the mars bar down and get some fruit. I get the temptation but honestly, your body will be thanking you for this one. Avoid processed foods as well and keep it simple, trust me, it’s what your body needs.
- Exercise while on your period. I know you don’t feel like it, I know you just want to stay curled up with a heat pack but this will help. Try it out, doesn’t have to be anything intense, just get yourself moving for a little bit!
Take care of your body and your body will take care of you. Thank you for reading. Be sure to subscribe down below to get notified when I post more recipes like this!