A delicious way to twist up your traditional burger recipe!
I’m not one to mess with a good ole staple in American cuisine: the burger. But, sometimes I get tired of eating the same flavors over and over again.
So, the last time I wanted to make burgers with a twist, I looked in the fridge and saw feta cheese, spinach, tomato, and red onion. That’s when I knew what had to be done next.
A Greek feta burger.
I was originally going to make a feta spread on the bun, but that didn’t work out. I tried following some of the tutorials I found on google for melting feta cheese like dissolving it water, etc… all fails.
Therefore, I went ahead and crumbled some feta over my patty. It was delicious regardless, but y’all wait on that feta spread recipe because I am not giving up on that one!
When it comes to Greek seasoning, this is the one I use:
You can always make your own, which would be a combination of oregano, onion, garlic, basil, dill, salt, and black pepper.
More Main Dishes
Greek Feta Burger Recipe
- 1 pan
- 1 spatula
- 1 bowl
- 2 burger buns
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp greek seasoning
- 1 tsp fresh oregano or dried
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- To taste salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/2 red onion sliced
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes sliced
- Combine the ground beef, egg, Greek seasoning, fresh oregano, fennel seeds, and salt and pepper. Shape into patties and set aside.
- Cook burgers on a pan over medium high heat until fully cooked through. Set aside.
- Assemble burgers with bun, patty, feta cheese, spinach, red onion, and tomato. Enjoy!
Thank you for reading my Greek Feta Burger recipe, if you decide to try it out tag me on instagram @breakthrukitchen. Be sure to subscribe down below to get notified when I post more recipes like this!