This is mango habanero chicken wings recipe is my favorite because it is a combination of sweet, fresh mango and spicy, earthy habanero. The flavors get perfectly balanced with the addition of lime and honey, so be sure not to skip that part!
But seriously, as someone who is not the biggest fan of buffalo wings, this is the next best thing. The heat is there, but it’s contrasted so well with the mango! Now all I have to do is find a bomb dipping sauce recipe to pair these wings with… Stay tuned for that.
The best part about this recipe is that once you get your hands on a pack of wings, a mango, and a couple habanero peppers, everything else you need is probably already in your pantry.
What do you need to make Mango Habanero Chicken Wings?
- Chicken wings. The star of the show today.
- Mango. Adds sweet, fresh flavors to the sauce.
- Habanero peppers. Adds spicy, earthy flavors to the sauce.
- Honey. Balances the flavors in the sauce.
- Lime. Adds acidicity and balances flavors in the sauce.
- Vinegar. Cleans chicken.
- Water. Cleans chicken.
- Flour. Coats the chicken for a crispy wing.
- Salt. Adds flavor to the coating and sauce.
- Pepper. Adds flavor to the coating.
- Garlic powder. Adds flavor to the coating.
- Chili powder. Adds flavor to the coating.
- Paprika. Adds flavor to the coating.
More Main Dishes Recipes.
Check out my video for a more detailed description of this Mango Habanero Chicken Wings Recipe.
Mango Habanero Chicken Wings Recipe
- Baking sheets
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vinegar white
- 1 cup flour all purpose
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 mango
- 3 habanero peppers
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 lime
- To taste salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Add chicken wings, water, and vinegar to bowl, mix for a minute, and drain.
- Combine flour, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, and chili powder to bowl. Coat each wing in flour mixture and place on baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the wings are about halfway cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Peel and dice mango. Trim habanero peppers. Add both to food processor and puree.
- Add honey and pureed mixture to pan over low to medium heat and cook until simmering. Remove from heat, place in large bowl, add lime juice and salt, and set aside to cool.
- Add wings to sauce and coat evenly, then place back on baking sheet and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until wings are crispy. Enjoy!
- Cleaning the chicken in the first step is optional, but recommended!
- If you don’t have any white vinegar, you can also use apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
- If you don’t have any habanero peppers, you can use jalapeno or serrano peppers.
- Coat the chicken wings in the flour individually. It makes it so much easier to get a consistent coating.
Thank you for reading my Mango Habanero Chicken Wings recipe, if you decide to try it out tag me on instagram @breakthrukitchen. Be sure to subscribe to get notified when I post more recipes like this!