This Honey Dijon Chicken Bake recipe is sooooo easy, when I tell you this is the perfect dinner for after a long day at work. The only real step is making the honey Dijon glaze, then it’s all the ovens work.
I also know lots of people who struggle with making flavorful, healthy dinners. Especially with chicken breast.
Since the breast of the chicken is especially lean, it doesn’t have much to fat. And the fat is where the natural flavors come from in wings, drumsticks, and thighs. So, you always have to put in a little extra work when it comes to flavoring a chicken breast.
Nonetheless, the chicken breast is my favorite part of the chicken to cook with because it is like a plain canvas. There’s so much you can do with it, like this wonderful Honey Dijon Chicken Bake Recipe.
What do I need to make Honey Dijon Chicken Bake?
- Chicken breasts. The star of the show in this recipe.
- Butter. Adds flavor to sauce.
- Garlic. Adds flavor to sauce.
- Honey. Balances the flavors of the sauce. Substitute for maple syrup, sugar, or molasses.
- Dijon Mustard. Balances the flavors of the sauce. Substitute for brown or yellow mustard.
- Salt. Enhances flavors.
- Pepper. Enhances flavors.
More Main Dishes Recipes.
Honey Dijon Chicken Bake Recipe
- Sauce pan
- Baking pan
- 2 chicken breasts trimmed
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 Cup honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon mistard
- To taste salt
- To taste Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Season both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place on baking sheet that just fits the size of the chicken (to avoid burning sauce later).
- Combine butter and garlic in sauce pan over low heat and cook until garlic is fragrant, but not browned. Add Dijon mistard and honey and cook until sauce is simmering, or slightly thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven, flip, and cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!
- Don’t forget to flip the chicken half way through!
- If you don’t have honey on hand, replace with maple syrup, sugar, or even molasses.
- If you don’t have dijon mustard on hand, replace with brown or yellow mustard. You could even try making homemade Dijon mustard to make this elevate this recipe!
Thank you for reading my Honey Dijon Chicken Bake recipe, if you decide to try it out tag me on instagram @breakthrukitchen. Be sure to subscribe to get notified when I post more recipes like this!