A gourmet dinner that doesn’t call for any gourmet skills!
You wouldn’t necessarily think pistachios and salmon would make a great combination, would you? Well, let me be the first one to tell you, they go very well together. Out of all the nuts I can think of, pistachio sounds like the best one for salmon.
This recipe looks kinda fancy, but it is so easy! Just a simple pan sear on the salmon, smear one side with dijon mustard, and stick pistachio crust to salmon. Throw it in the oven until it’s golden brown and you are good to go!
What Do You Need to Make Pistachio Crusted Salmon?
- Olive Oil. Preferably extra virgin.
- Salmon fillets. Fresh, frozen, whatever you’ve got!
- Pistachios. The best nut for this recipe, but almonds could work well too.
- Panko Breadcrumbs. Regular breadcrumbs would work just fine.
- Parmesan Cheese. or pecorino romano.
- Melted Butter. Necessary.
- Parsley. Fresh or dried, whatever you’ve got!
- Salt & Pepper. Also, necessary.
- Dijon Mustard. Acting as the ‘glue’ in this recipe.
- Lemon. Adds flavor.
How to Remove Skin from Salmon?
Looking For More Dinner Recipes?
Pistachio Crusted Salmon Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fillet salmon
- 1/4 cup crushed pistachios
- 2 tbsp panko bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese or pecorino romano
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp parsley
- To taste salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees. Combined pistachios, panko, parmesan cheese, butter, parsley, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- Season salmon with salt and black pepper. Heat olive oil over medium heat and sear salmon on both sides.
- Smear dijon mustard on one side of salmon fillet and sprinkle with pistachio panko crumb mixture. Place pan on 350-degree oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Be sure to crush the pistachios finely. Big chunks will not create a delicious crispy crust.
- Take the skin off the salmon for an even cook on both sides.
Thank you for reading my Pistachio Crusted Salmon recipe, if you decide to try it out tag me on instagram @breakthrukitchen. Be sure to subscribe to get notified when I post more recipes like this!