Making a bacon-wrapped filet mignon at home is a real treat. Who doesn’t love a good steak, especially when it’s wrapped in smoky bacon? It’s something you might see at a fancy restaurant, but you can make it right at home.
To go with the steak, we’re making a simple salad. Just some lettuce and tomatoes, nothing fancy but really good. We’ve also got green beans for a side dish. They’re warm, they’re filling, and they go great with steak. And lastly, let’s not forget the peaches. They’re sweet, they’re delicious, and they bring the meal together.
Whether you’re cooking for yourself or having people over, this meal is a winner. It’s tasty, it’s balanced, and it’s not too hard to make. So, let’s get started!
Filet Mignon Steaks Wrapped in Bacon Recipe
- 4 filet mignon steaks wrapped in bacon
- 2 cans French-style green beans 14.25 oz
- 2 cans sliced peaches 15.25 oz
- 4 cups lettuce
- 1 medium tomato
- Take your bacon-wrapped filet mignons out of the refrigerator and allow them to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes. This helps them to cook more evenly.
- While the steaks are resting, start preparing the sides. Open your cans of sliced peaches and French-style green beans and drain the liquid from the cans. Set aside.
- For the salad, rinse the lettuce and pat it dry, then chop or tear it into bite-sized pieces. Rinse and dice the tomato. Divide the lettuce and tomato evenly among four plates to create the side salads.
- Heat a skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the filet mignons. Cook for about 5-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare, or until they reach your desired level of doneness. Remember to turn the steaks carefully to avoid disturbing the bacon wrap.
- While the steaks are cooking, place the beans in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until they are warmed through, stirring occasionally.
- Once the steaks are done, remove them from the pan and place them directly onto the plates, allowing them to rest for a few minutes.
- While the steaks are resting, arrange the warmed green beans and sliced peaches next to the salads on each plate. Enjoy your bacon-wrapped filet mignon with French-style green beans, sliced peaches, and a fresh salad!
- Purchase thin-sliced bacon and filet mignon steaks separately.
- Take a strip of bacon and wrap it around the circumference of the filet mignon. You’ll want to ensure that the bacon is wrapped tightly so that it covers most of the steak’s surface.
- To keep the bacon in place while cooking, you can use a wooden or metal skewer. Simply thread the skewer through the ends of the bacon strip where they overlap on the steak. This will help to keep the bacon in place as the steak cooks.
- Proceed with the rest of the recipe as instructed.