One year for my birthday, my girlfriend surprised me with a batch of homemade Lemon Drop Cookies. I had always been a fan of lemon-flavored treats, but I had never had these cookies before. The moment I bit into the first one, I knew these cookies were special. The tartness of the lemon paired perfectly with the sweetness of the cookie, creating a balance that was simply irresistible.
That birthday was memorable not just because of the celebrations, but also because it introduced me to one of my favorite cookie recipes. Now, I want to share this recipe, so people can enjoy these tangy, sweet treats as much as I do.
These Lemon Drop Cookies are a delightful treat that are perfect for just about any occasion. With their tangy lemon flavor and soft, chewy texture, these cookies are sure to be a hit with everyone. They’re easy to make and require just a few simple ingredients. But what’s even better about these cookies is their versatility, you can customize the recipe or have fun and change up the flavors.
For instance, if you want a more intense lemon flavor, you can try adding some lemon zest to the dough. This simple tweak can significantly enhance the lemony flavor that these cookies deliver. If you’re not a fan of overly sweet cookies, you can reduce the amount of confectioners sugar used when rolling the cookie dough. This would give the cookies a more subtle sweetness, allowing the lemon flavor to be more pronounced.
Alternatively, if you have a sweet tooth, you could add a light glaze on top of the cookies once they’re baked. If you’re following a vegan diet, substitute the eggs with a flax seed or chia seed mixture and use a vegan-friendly cake mix. Lastly, you could also experiment with different types of cake mix flavors and try different types of cookies.
Looking for more dessert recipes?
Lemon Drop Cookies Recipe
- 1 pkg. lemon cake mix with pudding 15.25 oz
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅓ cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl, mix together the lemon cake mix, eggs, oil, and lemon juice using a fork. (A whisk does not work well for this step.)
- Place the dough in the freezer for 30 minutes to make it easier to handle. It will still be a bit sticky at this point.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough, about a teaspoon size, into the confectioners sugar.
- To make it easier to handle the dough, make sure your hands are covered with the powdered sugar.
- Roll the dough around until they are fully covered with the sugar.
- Place the dough balls on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-15 minutes. The cookies should be light brown on the bottom and chewy in the middle. (The exact baking time will depend on the size of the cookies.)
- After baking, transfer the cookies from the cookie sheet to a cooling rack or plate, to allow them to cool down. Before you know it, you'll have a batch of delicious lemon cookies ready to enjoy!
- If you find the dough too sticky to work with, you can refrigerate it for several hours to make it easier to handle.
- The exact baking time will depend on the size of your cookies, so keep an eye on them while they’re in the oven so they don’t burn.
Thanks so much for reading! I hope you found this Lemon Drop Cookies recipe useful and easy to follow. So, go ahead, roll up your sleeves and create some cookies. And don’t forget, every bite of these tangy, sweet treats will be worth it. Enjoy your baking!