This pork tenderloin recipe is a sweet, spicy, and umami-dense dish. The grilling process of the pork also adds a smokey-ness to the meat, making it all the more rich with flavor. My family grills all year round and this pork recipe is an ongoing staple. The simple process and complex flavors of this dish have us coming back to it regularly. If you’d like, you can make this recipe on the stovetop. Simply add olive oil or vegetable oil to the list of ingredients.
- Meat: Pork tenderloin or pork cut of choice (pork loin, pork chop, etc.). I have used Walmart’s Smithfield brand and Costco’s Swift brand and both work well.
- Seasonings: Honey, soy sauce, sriracha, garlic, salt, and ground black pepper. The combination of sweet, spicy, and umami is what make this dish to flavorful and irresistible.
- Marinade: Honey, soy sauce, sriracha, garlic, salt, and ground black pepper are combined to create the marinade for this recipe. Substitutes are acceptable (such as replacing honey with sugar and sriracha with another hot sauce) but keeping the ratio of umami, sweet, and spicy is crucial for this dish.
- Grill: This recipe grills pork tenderloin over medium heat for 25 minutes, until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145F.
This honey-sriracha pork tenderloin can be enjoyed with plain rice, with leafy greens salad, alongside grilled vegetables, with bread, pasta, or potatoes. This pork is so flavorful that it can be enjoyed with any food of choice.
Grilled Honey-Sriracha Pork Tenderloin
- 2 lbs pork tenderloin
- 1/4 cup honey or brown sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sriracha or hot sauce of choice
- 2 tbsp salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp ground black pepper
- Excluding pork tenderloin, combine the rest of the ingredients in a medium bowl (honey, soy sauce, sriracha, garlic, black pepper, and salt).
- Place pork tenderloin in the marinade and thoroughly coat. Cover the bowl and set in the fridge to marinade for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Place the pork tenderloin on the grill and close the lid of the grill. Cook for 20-25 minutes (flip halfway through), until the internal temperature reaches 145F.
- Rest for 3 minutes after removing from the grill. Then, slice and serve while still hot.