Smoothies have gained immense popularity and for good reason – they are not only delicious and refreshing but also provide a fantastic way to pack your diet with essential nutrients.
Whether you’re looking to kick-start your morning, boost your energy levels, or sneak in some extra servings of fruits and vegetables, healthy smoothies are the perfect solution. Especially during the summer heat, a healthy smoothie will leave you feeling invigorated and ready to conquer the day!
This summer has been all about finding my feet around my new blender and the produce section of the supermarket. In time I have come up with some delicious smoothie recipes.
These unique blends have been a lifesaver for moments when I am running errands, working, or lounging in the pool with my friends and family. I recently decided to purchase my own blender. I have also tried to incorporate more fruits into my daily diet.
The ability to whip up smoothies has been incredibly beneficial as it allows me to create beverages that are both nourishing and satisfying. One of the numerous advantages of making smoothies is that there are often leftovers. Once others catch a glimpse of your attractive and vibrant drink, they are sure to raise their hand and request a glass for themselves too!
Now that we are in the middle of summer, it’s important to stay cool and refreshed. Many people use these days to relax, take care of themselves, and replenish their systems. We are all trying to catch up on our vitamin intake.
Keep in mind that I am not necessarily referring to the vitamin D that comes from the sun!
Why fruit smoothies are the perfect summer treat
- They are easy to make and store. If you are looking for an easy way to make refreshing drinks, smoothies are a good place to begin, especially if you are a novice in the kitchen. All you need to do is add your fruits to a blender and press a button to mix them all together.
You can serve as many smoothies as you like. If you have some leftovers, you can pour them into a glass and keep them in the fridge for later use. This is what I do almost every single day.
- You can combine your ingredients in countless ways. Whether you are a strawberry, watermelon, pineapple, papaya, or mango lover, you can combine as many ingredients into your smoothie as you like. The beautiful thing about this is that you can pick and choose your own fruits and combine all the flavors.
- This is a nutritious alternative. If you are looking to improve your eating habits, smoothies are a good alternative to many sweets and beverages. Most of the fruits used to make them contain loads of vitamins and minerals.
Others are packed with proteins and fibers that can be used to substitute a meal. Smoothies can quench a lot of cravings and keep you filled for a long time.
- Smoothies are refreshing. I am a sucker for cold beverages, especially since I live in the tropics and we always have hot, summer weather. Adding ice to your smoothie not only gives it that frosty quality, but also keeps you cooled off and hydrated. When you are out in the sun, there is nothing better than taking a nice sip of your favorite fruit smoothie.
Three easy recipes you can try
We always want to appeal to different tastes, so here are three different smoothie recipes you can try. Whether you like sweet, tangy, or tropical flavors, this variety can help you taste something new and exciting. Here we will list the ingredients you need and the easy steps you can take to make a special blend.
Strawberry watermelon smoothie
For this tropical alternative, you can create a beautiful drink that can give you that long-lasting hydration you are looking for.
- One cup of ice
- One cup of chopped watermelon
- One cup of low-fat plain yogurt
- Two teaspoons of honey
- One squeeze of lime juice
This is a more acidic option for those who don’t mind a bit of a sour taste in their mouth. Peaches are a wonderful source of vitamin A, C, and B complex. You are in luck because the summer months are the peak season for this delightful fruit.
- One cup of ice
- Two cups of frozen peaches
- One frozen banana
- One cup of peach juice
- One-fourth cup of plain yogurt
- Two tablespoons of honey
Peanut butter banana smoothie
If you want to drink a smoothie that tastes like dessert, this one is for you. Combining peanut butter and banana is always a good idea. With a high protein and fiber content, you will relish the creamy, rich flavor.
- 1 cup of ice
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large frozen, chopped Banana
- 2 tablespoons of creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
How to prepare the perfect smoothie
Making smoothies is one of the simplest experiences you can have in the kitchen. Mixing ingredients in a blender and then pouring them into a glass is not only exciting, but a great way to be creative. Here are three easy steps you can follow to make your smoothies:
- Add all your ingredients to your blender. Make sure your portions are reasonable, so your jet doesn’t get stuck.
- Pulse your ingredients until your smoothie reaches the consistency you desire. Make sure all your ingredients are well incorporated.
- Remove the blender top and pour into your preferred container. A good tip to abide by is to use a bottle or cup that has a lid. This way, if you don’t finish your smoothie, you can take it to go and not worry about it spilling everywhere.
If you are looking to host a lot of pool parties this summer, you can have your guests raving over your fruit smoothies. They are refreshing, healthy, and very easy to make. When you are looking to relax by the pool, you don’t want any recipe to be a hassle to prepare.
This is why fruit smoothies are perfect for your vacation days. Be sure to try them and let us know how you would rate them!