Dole has whipped up a new treat this summer with a remake on their classic soft serve dessert. They have expanded their traditional Dole Whip collection to include eight new and exciting flavors. These recipes are the Blue Hawaiian Dole Whip, Creamy Lemon Blueberry Swirl Dole Whip, Frozen Mexican Hot Chocolate Dole Whip, Golden Curry & Mango Dole Whip, Mint Green Dole Whip, Sweet & Spicy Tamarindo Dole Whip, and the Twisted Candy Cane Dole Whip.
Up until now any of the Dole Whip flavors could only be enjoyed at one of three locations: Disneyland, Disney World, or the Dole Pineapple Plantation in Oahu. However, Dole has released the recipes for these new flavors online. So forget all the worry about planning a vacation and savor the delicious and refreshing taste of this frozen dessert while lounging out in your very own backyard.
Healthy Halo-Halo Inspired Dole Whip
The Healthy Halo-Halo Inspired Dole Whip is so named from its likeness to the traditional Filipino dish. Halo-halo literally translates to “mix-mix” and is a very fitting title, as this dish contains an assortment of many different ingredients. The end result of mixing these ingredients together is layers of distinct textures and flavors.
Halo-halo is a summertime dessert made with shaved ice, evaporate milk or coconut milk, and a variety of additional components such as jellies, flan, palm seeds, corn, beans, ube ice cream, and fresh fruit. All of this is assembled in layers in a tall glass. There is, however, no standard recipe or set of ingredients for any halo-halo dish.
The Healthy Halo-Halo Inspired Dole Whip is made with a variety of fruits, including strawberries, grapes, mango, lime, bananas, pineapple, blueberries, and raspberries. This dish also calls for ube powder, which is a starch made from purple yams. This powder enhances the sweetness of and adds a purple hue to the dessert.
Three steps are required to create the four layers of this dish. In 20 minutes, you’ll have yourself a tasty, multi-layered and guilt-free treat.
To get the full Disney experience, use a piping bag with a star tip when serving to create the classic Dole Whip look.
Thanks for checking out this article! Let us know your thoughts in the comments below, and be sure to check out the other seven delicious new Dole Whip recipes!
Healthy Halo-Halo Inspired Dole Whip Recipe
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 cup grapes green or red, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup mango diced
- 3 tsp fresh lime juice
- 2 ripe bananas peeled, cut crosswise into thirds, and frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk chilled
- 3 tbsp ube powder
- 1 tbsp and 1 tsp powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes toasted
- blueberries and raspberries as garnish
- Toss strawberries, grapes, mango, and 1 tsp lime juice in a medium bowl.
- Purée bananas, pineapple, milk, ube powder, sugar, and 2 tbsp lime juice in a blender on high until smooth.
- Layer 1/3 cup strawberry mixture, heaping 1/2 cup banana mixture, 1/3 cup strawberry mixture, and heaping 1/2 cup banana mixture into each of the 4 parfait glasses. Top with coconut flakes, blueberries, and/or raspberries if desired.